Tuesday 24 November 2009

Irrational Irritation

possibly also known as PMS....

Today alas, I do find myself on the verge of quite immense irritation and am finding self to be annoyed at itsy little nothingness.. Lets start at school shall we?

Blue Thursday - short notice cyber bullying campaign hurled at me by school, aim, I'm not entirely sure of, result me running around trying to find girly a suitable blue outfit for the fashion & style conscious infant. Success with leggings & smock style top, only to be left hanging in the cupboard as she does not attend due to illness - I could have donated the bloody money to the bizarre and little known blue cyberbullying charity and saved time & effort - boy who does attend school is given a bright blue biscuit made with entirely hyperactivity inducing ingredients and popped home for mummy to enjoy the benefits.

Bring chocolate to school Monday - each child to traipse off into school with immense body sized bar of chocolate in effort to be more generous than the other mummy's - all chocolate into a chocolate tombola for the esteemed school fair.

Send your child to school dressed as a Victorian school child Thursday.... shall spend from now until then searching out old clothes, rolling them around in smuts and soot and ripping edges, in effort to reproduce two cold shivering, scantily dressed, snotty nosed, rickets suffering, contagious disease ridden children to deposit (after an early morning visit to Doctor for swine flu jab dressed as a tramp & risk run of a report to social services) at school.

Bring a bottle to school Friday - send both children into school precariously bearing bottle of wine ('tis Teachers wino Friday, cunningly disguised as community spirited bottle raffle to be held at the Christmas fair)

Which indeeds brings me to the Christmas Fair Sunday, at which although I have no recollection of actually agreeing to partake, am to find myself as a Christmas Fair Stall Keeper.

Which leads me to believe that this has been drive mummy mad week! Made worse by fact that my soup is too volcanically hot to put into mouth, therefore huffing & puffing to blow my soup cool, therefore consumption extremely slow, therefore hindering progress on any of the aforementioned items. And to add insult.. cat has jumped onto kitchen side & licked the tops of all the freshly baked bread rolls ARRGGGH!

And yes I know there are billions of people in far more dire a situation, but as I said right at the beginning this is Irrational Irritation post & so I'm covered!

1 comment:

  1. oh...my...gawd. Stop please, you are making me very very tired just hearing of it all. All these activites are clearly spearheaded by non-mummies. Take a step back. Breath. Enjoy your darling wee ones and know that you're doing the best you can. I'm so thankful those crazy days are behind me! Now on to high school drama! :-)

    ReplyDelete